We finally got our final inspection on our rainwater collection system on thursday before we left for OACC. It has been a long process, but we are finally finished with that project! I installed a gauge last week so we will be able to tell the amount of water in the tanks without opening the covers, it is simple and uses no electricity or batteries. Our friend Loring gave us a great rain gauge yesterday so we can keep track of the amount that lands on our place. A couple of more things we have taken care of is we got a clorine filter for our shower. We also ordered a Berkey water filter, our drinking water is something we are starting to take more seriously. We have had a Brita up to now, but per gallon the Berkey will be a lot cheaper. The city water has chlorine and flouride in it, plus contamination by prescription drugs that goes through people systems is starting to be a real problem with groundwater. The Berkey won’t remove any of these, but now we have another option.